Running a month now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
Well, I’ve had the crown Royal 7300MP running for a month today. We’ve had temps down to -3 already which is very cold for November.

I couldn’t be any happier with this. Have not opened the valve on the propane tank yet and don’t plan on it either. All the hot water we need. I looked today and the electric is $100 cheaper than the same period last year and no propane used. 12-24 hour burn times. I’ve went from 185 off to 175 off and it seems to use a lot less wood and cleaned up burning.

if I would make recommendations to anyone other would be the following.

use good pipe, that goes without saying.

Double the size you think you need with the concrete pad for the boiler.

Dont try to go cheap on pipe and especially fittings. I used copper just to make it clean and professional.

spend the time to design and use the proper pumps in the system. Also don’t skip on valves and fittings, plan for the future and changes.

Do your homework and research the boiler. I went with what fit my needs the best. Wasn’t the cheapest or most expensive. Don’t buy the first one or the “local” one without knowing what kind of support you can get from your dealer.

I could go on and on. I’m very satisfied so far and glad I made the switch.

Couldn't agree more with doing your homework. If a dealer won't call you back when you're looking to buy, he sure won't when you have trouble.

Couldn't agree more with doing your homework. If a dealer won't call you back when you're looking to buy, he sure won't when you have trouble.

make every dealer close to me with Crown Royal closed up and ran off. I’m actually thinking about being a dealer.