Running Pellet Vent Through Cinder Block Wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

I'm remodeling the rec room in the spring, and want to move my p61a to a different location in the room. House is built on grade, and there are two places I'd like to put it, both of which require going through a cinder block wall. After drilling the required size hole with a rotary hammer, what kind of pipe? Can I get away with standard pellet pipe, should flexible stainless be used, ??????? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

just use standard pellet pipe, and make the hole big enough for the thimble, OR use a storm collar for a trim collar (painted of course). You woulnd want to use flex pipe, that wouldnt look to good. Dont forget if your going vertical then horizontal the stove will breath easier on 4 inch pipe.

Careful with the insulation in the blocks, perlite or vermiculite is use and could pose some danger to your lungs.
I bought a 5" hole saw that has a tungsten/carbide cutting edge. Make for a really nice hole in blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.