Russo Model 2 c/w Stuck Handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Neilv1

Jul 8, 2019
Southern Maine
Hello everyone. A new guy here. I'm trying like hell to get my door handle to turn on my model 2 Russo Wood and coal stove. I've tried WD-40 and WD-40 penetration fluid along with heat from my yellow tank plumbers torch with no luck. Anybody know any special tricks that may help? I don't know if they sell new handles or even how to put on a new handle short of snapping the old one. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks, Neil V.

Hello everyone. A new guy here. I'm trying like hell to get my door handle to turn on my model 2 Russo Wood and coal stove. I've tried WD-40 and WD-40 penetration fluid along with heat from my yellow tank plumbers torch with no luck. Anybody know any special tricks that may help? I don't know if they sell new handles or even how to put on a new handle short of snapping the old one. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks, Neil V.
Russo still has a product line though they don't make the old Russo stoves anymore.Give them a call at 781-936-1182