Sandblasting Rust From Older Harman accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Bob,
So I circled the ones I drill let me know if I'm correct on a 2006 Accentra insert and the silicon tubing what temperature rating does that need to be? Thanks Jeff

HarmanGummyFix (4).jpg
HarmanGummyFix (5) accentra.jpg

Bob or anyone who can confirm the drill spots I have marked I hate it if I drilled them in the wrong spot. So it looks like I drill in the feeder area (Left) and the outside air area (Right). Also please note the auger tube is clear for the most part a little gummy in the front auger and burn pot area. Thanks for your help all. Jeff

20190113_153350.jpg

yep looks good.You gonna dissemble that and sandblast?It's pretty crummy
Yep once the case is done I will start on that not sure how far I will take it as to most of the bolts have broken and had to be removed and it was hard to get to and so on. But yes cleaning it will be a must and making sure everything works good have most of the parts. To tell you the truth I think that had a funnel on the to to bring water in lol. Thanks Jeff

Well after a few days of some good rain and cold weather (40 deg.) I had some time to get back to work on my stove it was 65 Deg. and nice and here I'm working on my stove :) I have the case all done but the bottom it should be easy to finish that tomorrow if I get some time then its time to start on the stove it will be a lot of taping off stuff and blasting and painting. Here's Pics of the ash pan blasted only not sure if I should paint it. And the stove primed up and painted flat black. Jeff

20190127_110037.jpg

20190127_121237.jpg
20190127_121248.jpg

20190126_155652.jpg
20190127_172105.jpg
20190127_171400.jpg
20190127_171418.jpg

So,are we supposed to award you a medal? LOL your work is very fine,you are spending a lot of time ressurecting this old rusty unit,I hope it serves you well.

So,are we supposed to award you a medal? LOL your work is very fine,you are spending a lot of time ressurecting this old rusty unit,I hope it serves you well.
Bob,
Just an Attaboy will do lol I have all spring and summer to get this baby ready for next winter. Thanks Jeff

Reactions: Mt Bob