Scandia 308 Reassembly Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaroot86

Dec 30, 2013
White Hall, Maryland
I am new to wood stoves but I know this stove isn't the greatest. I bought some insulated stainless through pipe and the stove came with it kind of deal. It had a bunch of sludgy ash in the bottom so I took it apart to clean it. Once the fasteners were out it clanked apart and I didn't see where the baffle cover plate came from. Literally every leg bolt, rear flue connector bolts, and stove rods snapped. All crusty and rusty. I have drilled all of them out and tapped to SAE to rid myself of the Taiwanese metric junk. Have all new stainless hardware to reassemble and here is where my problems arises.

I cannot figure out where #12 in the below diagram goes. It says it is the baffle system cover plate. One side is rusty, the other side not so much at all. The piece has 2 notches on one end, of different lengths. There is also an angle on the side of the plate on this side. The other side is square cut 90s. I know these knock offs are similar to VC defiants and vigilants, but none of their manuals show how to reassemble this piece either. The stove is going in a garage for cheap heat, so please don't flame my Asian counterfeit, I know it's beat but it's free.

Nevermind, I found out where it went.

Slid in from the top left between a boss on the rear baffle plate and the lip of the fire back. She's all put back together and mortared tight. I just need the gasket to attach the flue onto the top/back.

If you can post pics of the correct location they will help the next person.

Rotate the piece so the notches are on the left. Slide in between the rear backing wall and the top of the fire back (notice the notches and cast in bosses).

CA20131231091231.png

Status
Not open for further replies.