Scavenge Wagon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTripper

My wife and I scrounged some wood that I've been meaning to get for a while. Mostly black birch that has been chunked and laying for 2 years. It was damp with mushrooms but when I split it, it seemed good and it was light in weight so burns decent. I have it in the basement to finish off for a few weeks. Afterwards, my nephew and I went out the old RXR tracks and found some great wood that was down. We also found an ash tree that was dead standing for a few years. It blew down about a week ago and turned out to be some great wood. I should get about a cord out of it which will prolong the time I have to start burning my greener wood. Here are a few shots while I was working and having the wood wagon hooked up to the Nissan.

octoberII2008+037.JPG

octoberII2008+040.JPG

octoberII2008+042.JPG

Tripper

Looks like fun!

The trailer was a freebee from a coworker. I figure its 70 or so years old. It is all wood except the metal supports and the axle. The tongue is wooden as well. I need to add a gate to it but other than that, it works well.

Tripper

Status
Not open for further replies.