Score of a lifetime?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a nice saw from what I've read. I have a 028 for most stuff but a Shindi 757 for the hog wood. Rockey, looking forward to seeing what that 36" reveals. Let the pics roll.
Look at the pics above all that was cut with the Husky.All these were cut with the 36 in Husky,as well as the monstrous logs. Personally I like a Stihl better,my nephew owns the Husky and it's been on loan to me. rounds.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice saw from what I've read. I have a 028 for most stuff but a Shindi 757 for the hog wood. Rockey, looking forward to seeing what that 36" reveals. Let the pics roll.
My Stihl ms361 10 years old solid as a rock,has never let me down. Will post a pic of the old girl later.I can't knock the Husky but me personally like Stihl,my nephew wouldn't own one.

Apparently my memory isnt so good and that 36" bar I thought I had shrunk down to a 24". Ill go shopping tomorrow for new chainsaw. Im gonna call it MF'er. What should I expect to pay for a good 36". Any recommendations?

Apparently my memory isnt so good and that 36" bar I thought I had shrunk down to a 24". Ill go shopping tomorrow for new chainsaw. Im gonna call it MF'er. What should I expect to pay for a good 36". Any recommendations?
The 24 in bar will do you for most of the tree,I wouldn't spend the bones till you hit a dead end.

Stihl ms361 10 years old solid as a rock
I hear ya. My 028 is 30 years old all original and still slings a 20" very well. Very thankful to my FIL who gave me his 757 which rocks, but hard to beat a Stihl.
I agree with OH. A 24" is a fair bar even for that tree and a new 36" is going to be well over $1000. I'd pay a shop to tune and supe it, then might be able to sling a 28".

Unless you've been looking for an excuse. ;)

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
The trusty indestructible 361
361.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.