scored a scrounge. Wife thinks I'm crazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyper

Jan 5, 2010
Deep South
When I came home with a truck load of wood my wife thought I was crazy. We've already got at least two more years worth of wood, and we're running out of convenient space to stack it.

But I just couldn't help myself. Duke Power came by and trimmed some trees at the office. They cut the limbs into 16, 24, and 36 inch pieces, and stacked them by the curb. :) A few need to be split, but most are in the 3 to 4 inch size.

Tell her crazy is scrounging Christmas trees....

Sounds like a good score to me.

Too easy of a scrounge to pass up.
She'll adjust. Soon she won't think you are crazy, she'll know :)

"If we weren't crazy, we'd all go insane." Jimmy Buffett "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes"

Crazy, dont ask us.

Crazy? No way, tell the wife to clean out her closet full of shoes, clothes, purses, sweaters, and other non burning over priced collection of stuff that she doesn't use so you can use the closet for wood! Oh wait, that's what I told my wife. :)

WOMEN SHESH :ahhh: Don't tell my wife I typed that if she reads this witch she will :lol:

I brought home a neighbor's Christmas tree a couple days ago....

Pete1983 said:
WOMEN SHESH :ahhh: Don't tell my wife I typed that if she reads this witch she will :lol:
My wife the eternal blessing who allows me to burn and cut and play! ( she also loves the heat)

My wife realizes that wood = heat. She hasn't complained about the purchase of two wood stoves, a chainsaw, chains, chain sharpener, chaps, Fiskars (and sharpener), or anything related to finding or hauling wood. We spent too many years with a cold living room because we didn't want to run our inefficient oil furnace.

pyper said:
When I came home with a truck load of wood my wife thought I was crazy. We've already got at least two more years worth of wood, and we're running out of convenient space to stack it.

But I just couldn't help myself. Duke Power came by and trimmed some trees at the office. They cut the limbs into 16, 24, and 36 inch pieces, and stacked them by the curb. :) A few need to be split, but most are in the 3 to 4 inch size.

Never enough wood, especially a easy scrounge like that.

zap

pyper said:
my wife thought I was crazy.

You are in good hands.... you are not alone my friend!

Fifelaker said:
eclecticcottage said:
Tell her crazy is scrounging Christmas trees....

Sounds like a good score to me.
Hey I always get a few Christmas trees for my owb.

Did I mention we have several stashed next to the shed that we picked up on the way home the othe day?? :D

wishlist said:
Crazy? No way, tell the wife to clean out her closet full of shoes, clothes, purses, sweaters, and other non burning over priced collection of stuff that she doesn't use so you can use the closet for wood! Oh wait, that's what I told my wife. :)

You mean ex-wife :lol:

aroth said:
Pete1983 said:
My wife the eternal blessing who allows me to burn and cut and play! ( she also loves the heat)

My wife realizes that wood = heat. She hasn't complained about the purchase of two wood stoves, a chainsaw, chains, chain sharpener, chaps, Fiskars (and sharpener), or anything related to finding or hauling wood. We spent too many years with a cold living room because we didn't want to run our inefficient oil furnace.

I kid for sure my wife is a very sweet loving person who gets irritated if the furnace runs. It is an extreamly old in officiant peice of junk that shakes the ducts and burns the cash. We heat soley with wood because it is so much cheaper and warmer and smells great lol .I am very much about free wood and she even helps when she can because she says she feels usless otherwise. Personally I love humer and jokes having seen the darker side of the world and not liking it at all. As Dennis says keep smiling he is a very wise man. I love my wife vary much indeed.

Pete

nah not crazy. show your wife some of the pics and posts of the stuff the rest of us do and she'll see crazy. One word of caution- the disease only gets worse.

nice sharp hatchet, I can skin a Christmas tree fairly quick

they disintegrate faster in the woods with the branches pruned off, too

wishlist said:

You're still married? How long ago did you tell her this? :lol: ;-P

Backwoods Savage said:

But we already knew you were crazy Dennis . . .

Exhibit A) Driving all the way from Michigan to New Hampshire for the Woodstock Open House. :

Exhibit B) Splitting your wood vertically. ;)

For the record a) I truly am glad you made the long drive so I could meet you in person . . . and b) I still think you're wrong about splitting wood vertically, but I still like ya. :)

Free wood . . . down on the ground . . . that's like manna from heaven . . . you would be crazy to not take it home.

firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:

But we already knew you were crazy Dennis . . .

Exhibit A) Driving all the way from Michigan to New Hampshire for the Woodstock Open House. :

Exhibit B) Splitting your wood vertically. ;)

For the record a) I truly am glad you made the long drive so I could meet you in person . . . and b) I still think you're wrong about splitting wood vertically, but I still like ya. :)

Exhibit b) milk crate without milk.

Isn't anyone who burns wood kinda crazy anyway!

pin oak is a red oak

Status
Not open for further replies.