mass_burner Posted By mass_burner, Jul 5, 2018 at 12:10 PM

1. mass_burner

mass_burner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2013
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    I recently painted a tile floor of a small bathroom with acrylic cement paint. I'm worried that the paint scrape off the tile. Is there a sealer/clear coat I can use to prevent this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    What kind of tile is the paint on?
    Can you post a pic?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bholler

bholler
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    There is nothing you can put ontop of a paint to make it bond better to the substrate.

semipro likes this.
  4. mass_burner

mass_burner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2013
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    It's ceramic tile from the 50's, 1" x 1 " squares.

5. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    The prep work for paint is under it not over the top
    There is nothing that I know of that can go over paint to have it adhere to the surface
    that the paint is applied to

6. mass_burner

mass_burner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2013
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    i agree. but what about a protective coat. let's say a small pebble comes in on someone's shoe, and then it is raked against the floor by someone else, a clear hard coat would protect against that.

Sent from my V11 using Tapatalk

7. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    I think your window to use the right product like an epoxy has passed. But I don't really understand coating tile with anything. Seems like a maintenance nightmare.
    I think the only thing you could use is a 2 part epoxy primer. Likely 5x the cost of the paint you used.

8. mass_burner

mass_burner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2013
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    It's a small bathroom, 99% if the time, it's only used by me. Serves as a guest bathroom when company is there. Has green floor tile and in the shower, I painted the outside edge tiles of the shower with tile paint. Now, it's a grey/white/steel color scheme.

What about a satin poly used for wood floors?

9. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    if you get moisture under it it
    will peel off in sheets . all of
    that type of sealant will do the
    same thing .