Season and a half cleaning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonMSPT

Minister of Fire
Been burning the VC insert heavy for a season and a half since last cleaning... nice day yesterday so I shut it down and rammed a brush up from inside...

Burned about 6 cord in it last winter, and nearly three cord so far this winter, with the wood/coal boiler in the basement heating the rest of the apartment building and domestic hot water.

Here's what I got... mostly looked like dead bat wings fluttering out of the flu opening... might have had a one pound coffee can about 3/4 full.

Let me say... I am 6'3/275 pounds. Running that poly brush up through 34 feet of chimney and back was all I wanted... much easier to push it down and pull it back up then it is to kneel on the floor, bend over, and muscle that thing inside the firebox. That said, 45 mile and hour wind gusts would have dissuaded spider man from going up on that roof yesterday.

Attachments

• insertclean.jpg
    insertclean.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.