Seeking parts for Enterprise Savoy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodCook3

Oct 21, 2022
Potsdam, NY
The (I believe cast iron) baffles that hang inside of the firebox of the stove have warped, cracked and broken away. They take the brunt of the flame so the sheet metal exterior and oven wall don't have to. The Enterprise factory burned down (sadly, ironically) in 2012 and I have had a hard time finding replacement parts anywhere. If anyone knows anyone with a stash of these parts, I'd love to know about it! I also have the coal grates, never used, wondering if I can maybe Rube Goldberg something with them...

Cookstove full frontal.jpg Big Rock Cookstove 1.jpg Big Rock Cookstove 2.jpg Big Rock Cookstove 3.jpg Big Rock Cookstove 4.jpg

Could something be set up to use standard firebricks to line the firebox?

Reactions: WoodCook3
Could something be set up to use standard firebricks to line the firebox?
That was my thought too, if I can't find the actual parts. I have one thin firebrick in there now but the issue will be fabricating something to hold them in place (they fall into the chamber eventually) that will withstand direct flame too...

It seems like someone, somewhere must have a stash of original parts, but I haven't had luck so far.

Yes, they would need a top rail (1.5" angle iron?) that keeps them from falling into the fire. Other than that, check with antique stove rebuilders.

Reactions: WoodCook3
Yes, they would need a top rail (1.5" angle iron?) that keeps them from falling into the fire. Other than that, check with antique stove rebuilders.
Yes, that's exactly what we came up with for the angle iron, cutting 3 slots in the top of it that will drop in on the tabs that held the original baffle liners before. Those bricks won't go anywhere! You can see one of the tabs in the bottom left pic, just under the hanger that's supposed to drop in on the tab, but it's off kilter in this pic because of the way the liner piece burned up so bad, it popped it up and off.
I guess that makes sense there are folks who rebuild stoves, hadn't occurred to me though! Good idea, thank you!