selecting chainsaw chaps?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Labonville website:

**IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Sizing - Chap length is not the same as your pants length. It is not measured by your Inseam. Chaps are sized by overall length. To calculate your overall length measure from your waist (where you would wear your belt) to the top of your foot or your instep.

chapsizingchart1.jpg

I followed the directions and measured for the top of my belt to my instep to get 39". I purchased the "XL = 40" length and they are a perfect fit.

Bought a pair of Foresters because I could find them in town, the full wrap. Also bought a hardhat/hearing protection/mesh facemask combo, and a pair of gloves that protect both hands. $150. I know, I know. I'm just a bit miserly is all.

I have the Labonville full chaps. Remember to follow there instructions for the length. They are very nice people to deal with. As I recall they custom make each pair. I got the forest green, didn't see the point in looking like a pumpkin in the woods.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.