Selkirk Metalbestos with a Duravent Up Kit, will it work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MaverickH1

Nov 3, 2021
Virginia
I'm trying to piece together everything to fit our new wood stove in. I purchased a Duravent UP through the ceiling kit.

Seen here: https://www.build.com/duravent-6dp-kbsc/s1000256

Described in this video:

Will pipe that looks like this work with this kit?

257931924_4431307176966051_8689299976132716167_n.jpg

I haven't purchased any connector pipe yet. I have some existing connector pipe that is single wall, cheap stuff. I might have to use double wall connector pipe to reduce clearances to combustibles, depends on where the stove ultimately goes.

But it looks like the UP kit from Duravent doesn't even attach to the pipe, it looks like it just holds the pipe as it passes through the attic. and up through the ceiling.

Just hoping someone has some experience with this. I'm having to piece all of this together because most places are out of stock with backorders in the 7-11 week lead time range.

Don't know about that particular piece. But I do know that Selkirk has different locking pattern than other similar looking brands. I ran into this problem last week. Boxes looked the same same picture and label on them but one was Selkirk and one was jp or something. But Selkirk does sell through the roof kits. Got mine at rural king for 260$.

Don't know about that particular piece. But I do know that Selkirk has different locking pattern than other similar looking brands. I ran into this problem last week. Boxes looked the same same picture and label on them but one was Selkirk and one was jp or something. But Selkirk does sell through the roof kits. Got mine at rural king for 260$.
Unfortunately I've already purchased the Duravent up through the roof system and it's in the mail.

It seems like the part in question will be the collar on the bottom of the support box. It might be a question of whether all triple wall chimney pipes are the same outer diameter.

Unfortunately I've already purchased the Duravent up through the roof system and it's in the mail.

It seems like the part in question will be the collar on the bottom of the support box. It might be a question of whether all triple wall chimney pipes are the same outer diameter.
All of your pipe and components need to match

Thank you for the help.

Just bought a ton of Duravent pipe to do it properly after I got the UP kit in the mail and verified everything was with it that I needed.

Now it's time to build the hearth and I'm just waiting for a replacement inner top to start rebuilding the stove