Semi-truck grain tarp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
I picked up another free grain tarp and put it to good use covering some pin oak and white ash. I took some round
IMG_2516.jpg
galvanized top rail and made supports to elevate it and then rubber straps to keep it taught...we have had a lot of rain and wind and its holding up nicely...

Very sharp. I just got two more 5' x 20' runs of rubber roofing to replace tarps. This stuff (1/16") is not as thick as the others I have (3/16") so I will have to add a few landscape timbers to the top connecting the two stacks they cover as I am getting too much ponding in the center space between the stacks. Once that's fixed it should be perfect. All my stacks now have rubber roofing. I won't go back; 100% waterproof, uniform and clean looking. Never heard of grain tarps. Are they waterproof and how do you acquire them?

I get them from grain farmers locally. They will have a tear in them. I cut that section out or repair it and seal it. They are very thick and waterproof and will not condensate

I do like the fact that your using the peak system with the tarp to insure water run off and allows a place for air to go.

I do like the fact that your using the peak system with the tarp to insure water run off and allows a place for air to go.
There is slightly over a foot of air space at the peak. It ventilates very well

Sweet ! You lucky Dog !

I found one of these nicely folded on the side of the Interstate.......put a call out on the CB, nobody claimed it, so in the back of the truck it went.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
I found one of these nicely folded on the side of the Interstate.......put a call out on the CB, nobody claimed it, so in the back of the truck it went.
Nice score!