Serenity owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
This is my first season with the Serenity..so far so good. But what were the engineers thinking when they designed that ledge on the inside bottom of the door........the one that collects ash..then dumps it on the floor when you open the door??

This is my first season with the Serenity..so far so good. But what were the engineers thinking when they designed that ledge on the inside bottom of the door........the one that collects ash..then dumps it on the floor when you open the door??

If I spoke Chinese, I'd ask them. :)
Basically, it's a price point thing. Fit and finish, though remarkable for the price point, is not high on the priority list. That's why you have to be a little careful when working in them with a side panel off. Sharp edges all over the place. But I'm on my 3rd season, and if I could be notified when they quit making them, I'd buy 3 or 4 more and put in storage. Sorry, but I'm just an old man that likes tinkering and enjoys the "chores" involved with keeping the old uninsulated house comfy and cozy.

I hear ya. It just needs a little diverter ledge to send the ash back into the ash pan. A little metal and some tack weld should do it. Ill put it on my schedule for spring .lol

Reactions: Deezl Smoke