Setup Suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MTP55

Dec 12, 2016
Michigan
We just installed our new wood stove this weekend. I have it set up currently so we can have heat in the house while we complete our renovation and pass code when they inspect the house. In the future I'd like to have my stove closer to the corner so it doesnt seem like it's in the middle of our small living room. We are using a prefab hearth pad for now but would like to build our own that fits into the corner and maybe run something up the wall that is non combustible so I can move the stove closer and not need the pipe setup I have now. I was curious to see what some of you have around your stoves to dress them up. Thanks!

Not sure if this is what you were looking for or not.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 178
We are using a prefab hearth pad for now but would like to build our own that fits into the corner and maybe run something up the wall that is non combustible so I can move the stove closer and not need the pipe setup I have now. I was curious to see what some of you have around your stoves to dress them up. Thanks!
What stove is this for? Having just a non-combustible surface behind the stove does not reduce its clearance requirements. Clearances can be reduced only when the stove documentation permits a reduction and then it is with a qualified, protected surface, aka an NFPA 211 wall shield.