Should I be worried?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

setitonfire

Oct 24, 2013
Topsham, Maine
I noticed that some of the fire resistant material has fallen out from the back of my insert. When the stove was installed they forgot to put the baffle pin in. Every now an then when I load splits close to the baffle it will shift but it never seemed too bad and didn't have any adverse reactions from the stove.

I am concerned about air loss as I noticed a bright flame coming from the back of the stove right where the material fell out, just to the right of where the baffle pin would be. Should I stop using the stove until I get it fixed or can it wait until the season is over?

Thanks

20150108_193335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the baffle gasket. Looks like they were a bit careless. They should give you a new one and put it in when you get a chance. It isn't going to hurt anything to run it that way for now. Wait at least until you start to warm up.

Yep run it, Put the pin in if you have it, If not they owe you a pin and a gasket. If you have a problem getting the baffle out re-post we'll help you out. They can be tricky sometimes, And yes the baffle will look like it just Re-entered our atmosphere from space that's normal.

Their gasket materials still sucks. I have a small pc hanging.
Time for Hog gasket 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.