Shows us your temp/stove monitors!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Starting from another thread.....
Looking for everyones STT/Flue/single wall/double wall/110v/dc/digital/analog temperature gauge set ups and comments? Plz post a pic if you have a minute to share. Looking for ideas for a clean set up for a new Hybrid CAT stove. Thought it may be helpful for the forum. Maybe not......

Dave

I have posted this before but in case you have not seen it here it is.
This is a 3 channel temp monitor/alarm.
It monitors flue, cat and stove top temps.
Not terribly difficult to make, everything is readily available off the shelf components.
At one time I had two temp monitors in separate boxes, but when I got the BK I wanted a 3 channel monitor all
in one unit so I built this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_140055516.jpg
    IMG_20171217_140055516.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 122
Excellent, curious on how you go about measuring the cat temp. How do you insert a probe in the internal location? How do you run the wire? My GM 60 has a factory analog gauge on the side. Might just leave it or maybe an upgrade.

Not difficult, just drilled another hole alongside the original one.IMG_20201206_173050766.jpg