Sierra Stove Insert model number and parts? Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boosh

Oct 25, 2015
Alpine CA
Hello, I bought a home in Big Bear Lake and it has a Sierra wood stove that I'm trying to learn more about. I was hoping someone would be able to identify the model, tell me a bit about it and maybe help point me in the direction of some sites that sell parts. The switch on the right side seems to have broken off and is almost impossible to turn, not sure if the fans ever turn off....maybe you just have to unplug it to get them off? I took the blower motors out and cleaned them up a bit. I need to find a new switch and door seal and get the fireplace/chimney swept! Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg

Last edited:
That is the T-4500 Royale. Heated this joint with one for 21 years. The knob is a rheostat that turns the blowers on and off and controls the speed of the blowers. A electrical appliance shop can probably come up with a replacement. Gasket rope for the doors is available at any stove shop and most ACE Hardware stores.

Parts won't be found for the stove. It was built back in the early 80's and the original manufacturer went out of business a long time ago. Shut down by the bank in 1993. I had a new baffle for mine made a couple of times by the local iron works.

Last edited:
Be sure to lift out the part in front of the firebox and clean the ashes out of the air channel there to let the intake air flow.

Thank you Bart, much appreciated. I'm not at the place for a couple weeks, do you know the size/thickness of the gasket by chance?

Been a long time but I seem to recall it being 1/2" for the doors. You also need flat gasket for around the glass in the doors but the top of the glass stays un-gasketed. Be sure to gasket the ashpan door too. Or you will have a blast furnace with air
coming up through the grate in the floor of the firebox.

Looking at your stove is a bit of deja vou for me.

brownie.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.