Q&A Sierra Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am looking to buy a used stove- but am running into trouble. A coworker of mine has a Sierra stove approx. 5 years old that I am considering purchasing. In order to get a permit to install it- the inspectors office needs to know the clearances required. The problem is that the person I will buy it from does not have the installation manual and the plate on the stove is unreadable. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Also- I am looking for someone to do the installation in Northern NJ.

Answer:

As far as the installation- look at the ads for chimney sweeps..many of them also do installation. Sierra stoves are now owned by Empire at http://www.empireproductsinc.com

Either way- if no label is available- the NFPA guide (your inspector has one) says to use the 36" (can be reduced with proper wall protection). The NFPA has a site on the net- so you may be able to look up the info.

Link: Empire Products

Status
Not open for further replies.