Simple Automatic Air Controller But...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Not one word on their website about it or anywhere else on the Web that I can find.

Seems like it is a variation on VC's old design.

Bet you can picture it inside the heat shield on that 30-NC with an extension on the primary air inlet.

That would be nice to have on my stove.:)

Bet you can picture it inside the heat shield on that 30-NC with an extension on the primary air inlet.
I'd give it a try. Definitely.

But, I gotta say, all three stoves are rarely messed with once the stoves are locked in. Seriously considering a second 30 to replace the Encore in the kitchen. Really depends on what I can do with the air leaks in this place. I have the heat, but the added firepower would add an extra level of ease when the temps drop.

I'd give it a try. Definitely.

But, I gotta say, all three stoves are rarely messed with once the stoves are locked in. Seriously considering a second 30 to replace the Encore in the kitchen. Really depends on what I can do with the air leaks in this place. I have the heat, but the added firepower would add an extra level of ease when the temps drop.
Yeah i would give it a test drive too.

Seems way more responsive then the t-stat on my bkk.

What I would think it would be great for would be burning down the coals. I'm assuming that it would automatically feed it more air as the temp went down. It would be great to wake up to a coal bed that was nicely burned down instead of having to turn up the air and wait an hour or so for the bed to burn down. Not much heat at that point and natives are getting restless... Of course, conversely, it would not be great to wake up to no coal bed...

looks bi-metallic. Doesnt quad has a similar system to add boost air on startup but with a timer?

looks bi-metallic. Doesnt quad has a similar system to add boost air on startup but with a timer?

Yeah, but it only automates the closing. It won't open itself. Matter of fact, mine doesn't even have the ACC it is an early Isle Royale (meaning it is a manual control). And the ACC is basically timer operated. Not temp sensitive.

Here is a more complex wood stove controller I came across.
http://www.kutzner-weber.de/fileadmin/kw_images/EN/Ofenregelung_Broschuere_Engl._01-09.pdf
Similar to the Inveninc but seems to have more features.

Here are two videos of my automatic air controller:

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...t=3&o=2&_suid=1360888990034044668913306779595

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...t=3&o=3&_suid=1360889680009022424730311166158

Not as simple as a bimetal strip, but not as comples as the microprosser based controllers.

Reactions: milleo
The links to your automatic air controller are not working for me.

Smoke alarm is going off?

Here is a more complex wood stove controller I came across.
http://www.kutzner-weber.de/fileadmin/kw_images/EN/Ofenregelung_Broschuere_Engl._01-09.pdf
Similar to the Inveninc but seems to have more features.

Here are two videos of my automatic air controller:

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...t=3&o=2&_suid=1360888990034044668913306779595

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...t=3&o=3&_suid=1360889680009022424730311166158

Not as simple as a bimetal strip, but not as comples as the microprosser based controllers.

I'd imagine that video is showing it sped up.
I dunno but the bkk works so well on low burn here that I don't really care.
Would be great though if the air would open all the way to burn coals when the stove got down to 250 or so.

Yeah, but it only automates the closing. It won't open itself. Matter of fact, mine doesn't even have the ACC it is an early Isle Royale (meaning it is a manual control). And the ACC is basically timer operated. Not temp sensitive.

Even the new IR's do not have the ACC option. Quad has not made that available for either of there cast models. Cumberland gap being the other quad without it. It is a neat idea but I'm not sure i would actually use it. I like to control my burn myself

It is a neat idea but I'm not sure i would actually use it. I like to control my burn myself

Oh, I loves me my startup air. It is a manual control on mine.

Yea I really like quads startup air design. Def a neat and simple feature. I just meant i dont think i would like using the ACC operated ones on the steel models. i like the manual style startup air on their cast models. I'm looking to get my new IR next week!!

Reactions: northwinds
Reactions: Trilifter7
What I would think it would be great for would be burning down the coals. I'm assuming that it would automatically feed it more air as the temp went down. It would be great to wake up to a coal bed that was nicely burned down instead of having to turn up the air and wait an hour or so for the bed to burn down. Not much heat at that point and natives are getting restless... Of course, conversely, it would not be great to wake up to no coal bed...
Why no just load earlier prior to going to bed, that would give the coals more chance to burn down earlier prior to waking up and reloading. Of course it may be a tad cooler in the house at wake up time.

Why no just load earlier prior to going to bed, that would give the coals more chance to burn down earlier prior to waking up and reloading. Of course it may be a tad cooler in the house at wake up time.
For those of us with drafty homes, and HollwHill is one of us, a "tad" cooler could be the difference of waking up to 59 degrees as oppose to 70 degrees.

For those of us with drafty homes, and HollwHill is one of us, a "tad" cooler could be the difference of waking up to 59 degrees as oppose to 70 degrees.
LMAO, that would be a tad more than a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.