Sirroco 20 smoke smell in house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started to smell again. I inspected the gasket at it seems that the top is beginning to fray however there is a faint puff of smoke that comes from somewhere on the bottom of the door. I have no idea what to do?!?! Windows open now. Wish I could shut it down.

Is the stove backpuffing?

Maybe? It's a whisp that comes out from the bottom of the loading door. When door open it roars! Which is normal when the stove has been going for a while

What is the thermostat set to? Try giving the fire a little bit more air and see if that stops the smoke.

PS: What is the cat temp? Is it in the active zone?

If you have it on high, then suddenly drop it to a low setting the fire may be getting snuffed, especially if the wood is not fully seasoned. Is the cat staying in the active zone? If yes, try running the stove at about 1.5 and see if it settles down.

Seems to have worked. What cod be the cause of this? Back puffing? Hasn't happened until literally my last load from the cord I went thru

Good news. Could be the wood is a bit damper than the rest of the cord. I'm guessing it was smoldering then reigniting causing the smoke to ignite with a small explosion in the stove. Giving the fire more air kept a small flame present and reduced smoldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.