Ski Season is here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Last year I got the little one hooked on XC skiing. I just picked up season passes to a place she hasn't been since she was 3 or so. I towed her around in a sled then. She can tow herself now. I'm all excited, lol.

That's wonderful and keep a keen eye on her because they scamper quicker than the eye can see...You all enjoy..clancey

Ski areas are opening up here too. 17" on Mt. Baker yesterday, more coming.

Edit: up to 30" expected this weekend.

Last edited:
Next weekend I should be able to get away and play. I hope there is some snow in the low areas by then!

Just got a few days of downhill in, with my kids and grand kids. We do it every year. They really have a great time. Weather got warm so no skiing for a while. I just cut back work to 3 days a week. So I got a Epic pass this year. Hope to make it pay for itself.

I drove up to Lake Placid yesterday to get a little bit of skiing in with the kid. There isn't much snow up there either. I'm hoping that turns around soon! I have a family pass at a much closer place I'd love to use! 1 really nice storm could change everything!

I sure hope you get your good storm of snow and the only thing I ever did was "water Ski' years ago and never really got into snow skiing because the falls were harder than water and I was towed by a boat that had a shark mouth and teeth painted on the front of it Oh those were the days...enjoy clancey

The only snow in NH is where the snow guns are running and in the higher ravines on Mt Washington. It was close to 50 degrees at my house yesterday and its supposed to rain today and into tomorrow. It's going to be awhile before any snowmachines get out on the trails as El Nino seems to be alternating warm and cold spells. I am benched with a broken ankle for what I expect is the rest of the winter but traditionally I would be up on a mountain today celebrating New Years. I have done that consistently for about 35 years (if the weather was not too dangerous).

Reactions: clancey
The olympic center had their snow guns running on their competition track, but it was a rat race and we decided to get into the woods away from everybody. There were a couple inches on the ground, but lots of sticks, twigs, holes, etc. The hills were spooky as I was afraid of bare spots. The fearless 12 year old learned why I was spooked by them. We stuck to the flat stuff and were satisfied to get some miles under the skis. The 2 hour drive up and back was good chatting time.

Reactions: clancey
In the past 2 weeks, Mt. Baker ski resort got 101" of perfect powder snow. Skiers are delighted.

We live in a good ski country. but don't be jealous. It's closed today due to high winds and low visibility.