SkyTech 3301p questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scajjr2

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2010
Kingston, NH
After getting my 3301p on Tuesday (4 days late) and having long work days this week, I finally got to install it yesterday to our Harman P43.

Programed it to the schedule we want and it worked fine all day. But 2 issues did pop up last night and over night.
First at 11pm last night when the program was supposed to drop the Set temp from 70 to 65, it didn't change and I had to do it manually. I did check the programed setting and it showed 65.
Then this morning when I got up at 6:15 I saw that the Set temp was still showing 65 and not 70 as I programed it to do at 6am. And the day still showed the Sat Eve not Sun Morning.

Stove was burning fine, flame roaring away when I got up, display on remote showed the actual room temp was 65.

So what I did this morning was to replace the Skytech batteries in the remote to some new ones then I reprogrammed the schedule again.

So did I get crappy batteries from SkyTech with the remote or does the remote have an issue?

Sam

Must have received a defective unit. Woke up this morning at 3:45 to find Set temp still showing 70 and when I checked the time of day it showed 8:44 pm. Returning it.

Sam

3301 is old get a new model, like the 5310

Yup that's what I'm doing, returning the 3301p, the 5310 will be here Wed.

SkyTech's response to my email about the issue was "is the time of day set correctly?". Yup all 3 times I've re-set the thing up. The problem is it can't seem to keep time. Should have taken the fact when I got it the box with the 3301p the inner box was open and all the bits were rattling around inside the shipping box as an omen of issues to come.

Sam

I ended up reprogramming this 5-6 times. It got to the point where it would almost keep time correctly but when it would get to the next time segment that I programmed it would always show the Set Temp from the 1st time segment that the remote started from (after I reprogrammed it). As in: I had it set to kick up at 5AM to 70 degrees and at 8:30AM go back down to 64. Except when 8:30 came around the Set Temp on the remote still showed 70 degrees as the target temp not 64. And would never change to 64.

5301 arrives Thurs (damn snow storms mess with my deliveries lately)

Sam

I ended up reprogramming this 5-6 times. It got to the point where it would almost keep time correctly but when it would get to the next time segment that I programmed it would always show the Set Temp from the 1st time segment that the remote started from (after I reprogrammed it). As in: I had it set to kick up at 5AM to 70 degrees and at 8:30AM go back down to 64. Except when 8:30 came around the Set Temp on the remote still showed 70 degrees as the target temp not 64. And would never change to 64.

5301 arrives Thurs (damn snow storms mess with my deliveries lately)

Sam
Let us know how you are doing with new one, I'm also curious to know the main difference between the two of them..
Regards

Let us know how you are doing with new one, I'm also curious to know the main difference between the two of them..
Regards

It's a back-lit touchscreen model, other than that it appears to be the same according to the description.

Sam

Reactions: Love the Heat
Well I didn't care much for the 5301p. Only 2 time periods available and on the one I got the touchscreen was horrible, like I was punching it with my finger to get any response. Returned it and got another 3301p. This one works great.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.