slightly warped side panels on old stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Myers Raymer

Jul 17, 2017
Dallas Texas
Howdy yall!! I bought a house in the Texas Hill Country that has an old wood stove that is built in sections that look to be bolted together. (the stove has "Colorado" embossed on the sides, but no other markings) Where the sides and the bottom meet there is a small opening which I originally thought was a crack in the cast iron but after a closer look it looks like the sections are perhaps warped a bit and are not seating tightly with the bottom. Any ideas? is there some sort of cement that I can fill the cavity with?( its about an eighth at the widest... ) welding??
Thanks in advance !!
Myers

Welcome. Can you post a picture of the whole stove and one of the problem area?

IMG_2618.JPG
This is a pretty bad photo but the stove is 300 miles south of me. I'll get some better ones for sure next trip. The problem is at the bottom of the side. In the pic you will notice a thin grey line. That's where the separation is.....
Myers

Last edited by a moderator: