Enviro Mini Owner Posted By Enviro Mini Owner, Jan 30, 2019 at 5:38 PM

1. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2013
    Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    The pellets hang up on the hopper sides on my Enviro Mini A. Is Slip Plate safe in that environment and will it make them move?

2. bas157

bas157
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    Not sure on an answer to your question but I read someone post on here to rub waxpaper on the sides of the hopper to maybe help a bit. Curious, are you using soft or hardwood pellets? My P68 never had an issue until I burned a ton of Easyblaze softwoods. Before those, I had always burned hardwood.

3. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2013
    Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    will try it out when the hopper is near empty. Thanks.

4. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2013
    Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    Sorry bas157. I did not respond to your question. I have always had the problem of any type or make of pellet sticking to the hopper walls whenever not fully straight down. I am using Northern Warmth Doug Fir Supreme and the dust left on the hopper walls is heavy.I have only tried the Slip Plate and your suggestion with the softwoods but nothing works probably because of the dust. How do you like the Easy Blaze? A lot cheaper than the Northern Warmth - I am going to try some - The problem with Long Island, NY is the distance the pellets have to travel marks the price higher.
    I am looking for others living out here who could perhaps get together a bulk delivery.
    Know any pellet users in Long Island?

5. bas157

bas157
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    I thought Easy Blaze were good. I read that they would be very low ash. It was more ash than I was expecting but less than big box store brands. I mostly burn Turmans so I use those as a baseline for low ash. No brands have reached that baseline. Maybe time to lower the bar for all other brands. I do not know any pellet users in Long Island.

6. bas157

bas157
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    Forgot to ask, I'm curious what you are paying for the Northern Warmth Doug Fir Supreme on Long Island. The semi-local place to me that sells them has them for $399 per ton. For that price, I think i'd be better off just using the oil boiler to heat the whole house. They might be good, but I can't see any pellet being worth $400/ton at the current time. I'd rather clean more and save $150 a ton!