Small fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC80

Minister of Fire
Mar 27, 2013
New Jersey
How are you planning on mounting it?

How are you planning on mounting it?

not sure yet, might just got between two two objects in kitchen near the floor. Just worried about if it will be sufficient

I have tried some similar fans, and the issue with them is mounting. If mounted to a rigid surface (wall studs, floor pass-thru, etc.), they transmit their small vibration to the structure, and it can be really annoying to anyone in the adjacent room. I have a small desk fan with a similar issue... not loud at all to anyone in the room, but loud as heck when you're in the room directly below where that fan is sitting on the hardwood floor.

I would start off with something like this, then see what you like/don't like about it and go from there.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honeywell-Table-Top-Air-Circulator-Fan-HT-904/13360493
Hey! That's the one that's "not loud at all to anyone in the room, but loud as heck when you're in the room directly below where that fan is sitting on the hardwood floor." We have the same exact fan (in stylish black) sitting on the floor in our home office, pointed into the room with the stove. It's not loud sitting in the office, or in the adjacent living room, but you really hear it vibrating thru the floor when you're in the exercise room below the office.

i have ceiling fans that circulate well, just experimenting with getting the back bedroom maybe 2 degrees warmer during the colder nights. I've used desk fans with success but want something smaller and that we won't trip over

gonna try and mount it and inch or two off the floor between counter and spice rack.

The good news for the next guy who asks is that he'll have you to give him an educated answer!

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.