Small, rear vent wood stove options - sub $3k ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RLXFXR

Dec 10, 2019
Mifflintown, PA
Hi all!
we’ve just purchased a log cabin (850sqft) w/ central heating so we’d like to have a small, wood stove for smell/ambience. Unfortunately, we don’t have a huge family room so we’re looking for a “thin” small wood stove that’s rear vent that will go out the wall since I’ve got an elk above on the vaulted wall. We were considering the Hearthstone Green Mtn 40, but it’s top vent only and we were told it needs 36” of vertical of pipe before going out the wall. Is this really necessary? Soooo who makes a small, rear vent stove for less than $3,000??
thanks in advance for any suggestions/input!

Jotul F100 & F3CB, Hampton H200 & H300.

Reactions: RLXFXR
Jotul F3CB gets my vote. Been heating 23 years with one. Come 2020 the Jotul product offerings may be radically different according to a Jotul dealer I spoke with recently.

Jotul F3CB gets my vote. Been heating 23 years with one. Come 2020 the Jotul product offerings may be radically different according to a Jotul dealer I spoke with recently.

In other words, don't wait!

I've had my eye on a Hampton H300 for quite a while. Can be had for well under 3k

I am not a fan of direct horizontal, thru-the-wall installations because it locks one into a specific thimble height for the future. One option would be to build a platform for the hearth so that in the event the stove didn't work out and needs to be changed one could lower or replace the platform.

Reactions: jmb6420 and RLXFXR