Smoking Hardin Automatic coal furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyowa

Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
wyoming
Hi, I bought a used coal stoker only name on it is on the door (Hardin). There is no name plate anywhere on it. Anyway im getting smoke back side of draft blower into coal bin(using 55 gallon barrel as was previous owner) New chimeney , no damper in pipe. have shut blower down as low as i can still back smoke. Getting large amount of clinkers also.

Attachments

• stove5.1.jpg
    stove5.1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 423
Welcome to the forum, and I hope someone can suggest a solution - I can't... The other option is there is a coal burners forum that I've seen suggested for other coal users - might be worth doing a search, I forget the exact URL, something to the effect of NEPA???

Gooserider

Thank you, im on there too. Im not having much luck there but i have stopped the smoke with sealing the bin

Here is what I could find: Maertens Manufacturing

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=541153

source:

Re: hardin automatic coal furnace:
I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe they are built by Henry Maerten of Center, ND. I've seen them side by side with Maerten stokers and they are identical. His phone number is 701-794-3183. He is a nice fellow....

Status
Not open for further replies.