Snowing up in northern NH at 1400 feet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
A little early but it was snowing this afternoon up along RT 2 in northern NH this afternoon. No accumulation but a bit early (10/12) for my taste. The cause of the snow is most likely cold air with trapped moisture hitting the mountains from west of here causing upslope snow.

Time to check to see if I need new snow tires. :)

Reactions: ScotO
PB, whats the last backpacking trip you took?

Been awhile, lately I do mostly dayhikes some long some short. Probably the last long one was in New Zealand a few years back. 10 years of section hiking the AT with a backpack on most of the time got the backpacking bug out of me. I had one planned last year north of Baxter for three days but Hurricane Irene came to visit and they evacuated the park.

That front pushing through made it a corker of an afternoon around here. Cool, brisk and color on the trees.

MMMMMMMMMM, my kinda weather. I run on the never summer plan.

KC

Reactions: ScotO
PB, I was in the whites last year when irene shut the forest down for the first time in history. Very destructive flooding rt 112 ect. Got 4 more 4000 footers under my belt this summer- tripyramids & the hancocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.