So I'm at a customer's house...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
And I thought my house was dirty?LOL

More than a few years back my daughter, then in high school, and I went on an adventure to the UK. The first night lodging on our way from London to Aberdeen was at Tan Hill:

http://tanhillinn.com

Pub / Inn in the middle of nowhere, and we got there by driving the last half hour through a heavy snowfall. We had heard about this place, made reservations in advance.

Made it in the door and we were welcomed by an assortment of through hikers, pub visitors. Pubs in the UK are dog friendly, especially in the walking path areas.

Had to be three or four dogs there with their owners. The dogs had never met before, all were getting along quite well. Not only dogs though...there was a 12 hour old lamb that was on precarious ground...being hand bottled. There were at least a half dozen ducks waddling around the pub, add to that 3 or 4 chickens. The resident cat was there too. And a sheep of magnificent proportion.

And this was a normal evening, the place is known for these activities. Also known for some very good local ales.

It was fun. A ton of fun.

Wish I had better pictures, but we had just gotten off a 12 hour car ride to there after a red eye to London.

IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG

Reactions: bogieb
The cat was one of the friendliest I've ever met. And I've known a lot of cats.

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG