So the fiber board broke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CowBelle

Feb 8, 2018
Kansas
this morning when I was cleaning the pellet stove-USSC multi fuel. Great. Artic cold front on the way for the weekend. Anything I can do to limp through until a new one comes?
New poster here. Thanks to everyone with their postings. I've lurked while learning my way through with this stove. It was given to us so it's been a lot of trial and error!

You should be ok till you get a new one. I wouldn’t run it on high, that fiber board is an insulater for the back of the fire box and hopper

Patch with furnace cement for a temporary fix should take the heat .

Patch with furnace cement for a temporary fix should take the heat .
Thanks for the reply. That's what we did. I have a new one ordered. Stove is back up and doing fine. That back board is sort of a piece of junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardi board would make a good replacement. It's fire proof

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk