Some Cherry I cut up today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was the Cherry that came down a week ago,pictures 100 0319 and 100 0320 are the Cherry after I cleaned the snow off and marked. 100 0321 are the rounds stacked in the woods. Area was flat and I had spikes on that pull over your boots that they use for ice fishing.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0319.jpg
    100_0319.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_0320.jpg
    100_0320.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_0321.jpg
    100_0321.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 386
cherry wood is a pretty wood and i love the smell of it , I purchased some from a guy that runs a tree service, looking forward to burning it, enjoy the warmth zapny

RIDGERUNNER30 said:
cherry wood is a pretty wood and i love the smell of it , I purchased some from a guy that runs a tree service, looking forward to burning it, enjoy the warmth zapny

Same to you Ridgerunner30, I wanted to cut more but we have sleet with rain today.

Zap

my newbie opinion is I like cherry more than oak, seems to burn hotter and last just as long

Lots of "choke" cherry easy to drop on fence rows around here

Horse owners definitely like to get rid of it

Nice burn, nice heat content, and dries very quickly too

when dry splits really great for kindling. If its a complete round, then use a box cutter to slit the bark for splitting. Bark is great and leather like for starting fires also.

stint9 said:
Lots of "choke" cherry easy to drop on fence rows around here

Horse owners definitely like to get rid of it

Nice burn, nice heat content, and dries very quickly too

Status
Not open for further replies.