Somerset Pellet Plant Aerial View (thats a lot of fuel!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmobileaddict

Burning Hunk
Oct 12, 2012
Cedarburg, WI
Aerial photo courtesy of Bing Maps. Looks like over 6000 tons sitting there. These are what I plan to be burning next season and the rest of this one.

3291 N Highway 27 Somerset, Kentucky

somersetpelletmill_zps5707a5a5.jpg

Nice,
let me see if I can get one of Energex......

energex
energex_zpsad0a16f8.jpg

I think its wet saw dust....

Looks like they are processing something dark like bark and it was being tossed on top of the big pile of sawdust or wood chips
dark stuff is under the conveyor belts on the far right

those maps could be week's or most likely years old, they dont update aerials maybe once a year

Actually they were off NSA's new Energex satellite yesterday!!...they have been monitoring shortages because of growing concerns over strategic reserves.

Ok than, next seasons stash, I predict in a month or less we could be flooded with pellets, just like the generator shortage,

The pictures are typically at least a year old...

Funny story. My father lives within 12 gauge distance of the NEWP facility in deposit, ny and they won't sell him a thing, no exceptions. He lives within crawling distance... NEWP should be a better neighbor

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaw520

Funny story. My father lives within 12 gauge distance of the NEWP facility in deposit, ny and they won't sell him a thing, no exceptions. He lives within crawling distance... NEWP should be a better neighbor

Maybe your father should become a "retailer" for the rest of the family...

Funny story. My father lives within 12 gauge distance of the NEWP facility in deposit, ny

The Binghamton/Deposit/NEPa aerial pics look to be from September/October 2011, after the flooding.

You can find aerial views of quite a lot of stuff with that google maps if you have a name and address. A lot of times, just starting to type the name will auto-fill the address.
Try stuff like:
Energex Pellet Fuel, Lac-Mégantic, QC, Canada
Nechako Lumber Co Ltd, Vanderhoof, BC, Canada
there's hundreds more to try.

But sometimes all you get is an office building instead of the plant:
Pacific Bioenergy Corporation, Prince George, BC, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.