Son of a.... sea biscuit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate, for what it's worth, I got some plywood sheets and they were hard to line up, never mind already warping, so I used your method of a screw in each corner to get it lined up. I think I will tie it down to screws in the ends of some lower pieces.

I got a bunch more plwood this week for free. Moving company tore down shipping crates. Got about 4000lbs worth of plywood, though I gave 2000lbs of it away to a friend and the stack I kept had a bunch of junk in it. Ended up with maybe 20 decent sheets.

I'm blessed with a fair amount of room, but I keep my stacks to around 4ft. or less. Mostly I'm trying to keep a lower visual profile to neighbors. Have not had any stacks topple yet. I do have a couple of leaners, but I do use longer spacer splits that reach across and touch the next row of splits, every here and there. That seems to help a lot- if you're able to accept 6in spacing between stacks, as I often do.

Status
Not open for further replies.