Song Of The Week.... Bring It Back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Counting Crows 'Hanginaround' Penned by Beck's dad; Hooky tunes run in the family. ==c

David & David 'Welcome to the Boomtown'

Reactions: semipro
Nodding off? Time to wake up! ==c Guns N' Roses 'Shadow of Your Love'

Reactions: bholler
Sound is very thin here..sounds pretty damn good on the CD, for a '60s recording. The album 'Absolutely Free' is a superlative effort..

Last edited:

Last edited:
Zappa 'Zoot Allures' Oh, I see that this is a repeat by me, but nice nonetheless. :)

Last edited:
Death Cab For Cutie 'I Will Possess Your Heart' and 'Grapevine Fires'

Last edited:
The Uninvited 'What God Said'

Summer is here. Time for sailing and the Beach Boys.

Okay folks... time to get serious. No introduction necessary, I hope:
OK, on the strength of these, I officially withdraw my previous post, speculating on whether you might have a tin ear. ;)
Regrettably, there will be no cash awarded for damages. Instead, like a politician who gets busted, I'll just apologize and "take full responsibility." So, no heads will roll, it will be swept under the rug, and we'll go forth as if nothing happened. ;lol
Sheesh, he had a monster kit. Do you need GPS to navigate something like that?? ;lol RIP, Neil Peart. :(
This just came up on my YouTube feed. An old one, but a great one.

Caught JT at Madison Sq Garden in the early 70s for the Aqualung tour. Super high energy.
Yeah, I caught them a couple times back then as well..WOW!
I still love "Thick As A Brick." The disc I have, Anderson is interviewed about recording it. He said they got a lot of it on the first take. _g

This tune grabs me, the guy's vocals and just the way it flows...and that pentatonic intro and out-tro. An all-around well-crafted straight-ahead rocker. :) Hearing it on 93xrt lately. Mike Campbell guitars..he played and co-composed with Tom Petty, Don Henley, toured with Fleetwood Mac last year.
The Dirty Knobs 'Wreckless Abandon'

Last edited:
For the ladies..a POed girl band! ==c The theme could apply to other social inequities, not just women's issues..(or is it iniquities?) ;)
L7 'Pretend We're Dead'

Last edited:
Reactions: firefighterjake
The Beatles 'Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey'

Last edited:
Probably a repeat on my part..;em

Reactions: thewoodlands
Sound is very thin here..sounds pretty damn good on the CD, for a '60s recording. The album 'Absolutely Free' is a superlative effort..

Seriously dating yourself , here :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Woody Stover
Heard this today on the radio :cool:

Seriously dating yourself , here :cool:
I go back to at least '67.. ;)
Beatles:
'Don't Pass Me By'

'Dear Prudence'

'Martha My Dear'

'Yer Blues'

Reactions: Dix
I'm guessing they won't break any of these links for a while; That would be inhuman, considering the circumstances. ==c

Last edited:

Well, rockin' always makes me feel better; I hope it does you, too! :)