Song Of The Week.... Bring It Back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
One of Johnny Cash's most moving songs was a remake of a Nine Inch Nails (NIN) song that won a Grammy Awards nomination for best rock song in 1996. NIN was an industrial rock band and far from the style of Johnny Cash.

Trent Reznor, of NIN and the writer of the song, was unsure of Johnny’s version to begin with, telling Alternative Press in 2004: “I was flattered, but frankly, the idea sounded a bit gimmicky to me."

Having said that, his mind soon changed after he saw the music video, after which he said in the same interview: “Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore. It really made me think about how powerful music is. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in.”

“Somehow that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era and still retains sincerity and meaning - different, but every bit as pure.”

Instrumentally quite possibly the greatest ensemble ever, all three of them. I had the pleasure of seeing them three times, went to many concerts and those were always my favorites. Two and one half to three hours each show, no opening act.

Last night I watched music videos and exercised the speakers. This video is one I watched, you can easily get lost in it. I've seen them in concert a couple times, they put on quite a show.

I wish I could have found a better live video. This isn't necessarily my favorite brothers osborne song but the solo is awesome. John osborne can burn the strings up.

Reactions: MoDoug

For Frampton fans this performance is so bittersweet, as he battles his muscle wasting disease, looking so frail, yet he still can kick butt on that guitar! What a career he had!

Reactions: thewoodlands
What a wonderful video "House fire" sure scary words now that I have my first wood burner..lol.lol. I remember a time that I had many years ago in Montana and it was sort of like that outside but they did have a single bathroom up with a curtain for a door. We were all partying and having a lot of fun--sort of like that in the video only we did not burn a guitar..That dance couple is very impressive in the video and she is a beautiful woman.. Going to put on a song that I like and its different from the other ones on here and I hope everyone enjoys.

They just don't make and sing music like that no more--so different now...really enjoyed and brought back a lot of memories,,thanks,,