sooteater results

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jpcjguy

Jul 1, 2015
richmond, va
Hi all,

So I ordered the sooteater with the white rods - a 36' kit. Ran it up and down on my dewalt cordless drill. Felt Iike I did an decent job. Had the shop vac going heavy in the insert to suck up the dust and it did a good job. I don't think I had a ton after 2 burning seasons - and I am in Richmond, Virginia so not like it is freezing around here.
I have heard to not overdo it so I would add a rod and go up and down about 3-4 times in each direction and then add a rod, etc.
Attached is a pic of the install before the surround so yo know what I am using - Enviro 1700.
I put my phone up to the hole and this is what I saw - not bad. probably could have done it more, but I think it is clean enough.
What do you all think?

Thanks,
Joe

insert.jpg sooteater_results1.jpg sooteater_results2.jpg

Looks good. That's a great stove too.

looks good to me.