Sooteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Guy

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
Cape Vincent, NY
About 8 years ago I purchased a Sooteater for cleaning my 6" SS chimney. While it has performed well over the years I think that the whips have worn and don't seem to do as thorough job as in the past. Are the "strings" replaceable, or do I need to buy a new head/system?

I just bought a sooteater this month and it says in the book that you can get a replacement from them or get a weed wacker string roll and redo the string head yourself.

Reactions: claydogg84
looking for a cleaning tool for my 6" liner and was wondering if this does a better job over the metal brushes?

Sooteater does a great job on my 8" oval liner, but it's all I've used so I can't compare.

As for rebuilding the head, just get the proper sized weed whacker line and you're all set.

looking for a cleaning tool for my 6" liner and was wondering if this does a better job over the metal brushes?
I don't know if it cleans better, but it cleans well. It's easy to use, and allows you to clean bottom up which is why I like it.

Does my 6" liner well. Just to be sure I had a sweep come out and inspect the liner...he then wanted to know where he can get a Sooteater :)

Status
Not open for further replies.