Sound Wars! How loud is a Quadra-Fire Castile VS a Mt. Vernon vs an Accentra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonkman

Burning Hunk
Nov 11, 2015
West Michigan
I have a Quadra-fire Castile insert, and I have a friend who is interested in getting a pellet stove as well. I run my Castile on high most of the time to keep up ( I probably bought to small, but that's another matter). I always hear that the MVAE and E2 are so quiet. I have never seen one in person and don't know anybody that has one. How would it compare to a Castile for sound? Is the highest setting comparable to the Castile? Or are they noticeably that much quieter? Would the high on a MVAE be maybe equal to medium on a Castile?

Just curious if anybody knows...I know it's probably a hard question to answer. Then again, how about a MVAE vs. a Harman Accentra insert (just sound)?:rolleyes:

The AE is much quieter then the Castile, but a tad more expensive. kap

I have a Quadra-fire Castile insert, and I have a friend who is interested in getting a pellet stove as well. I run my Castile on high most of the time to keep up ( I probably bought to small, but that's another matter). I always hear that the MVAE and E2 are so quiet. I have never seen one in person and don't know anybody that has one. How would it compare to a Castile for sound? Is the highest setting comparable to the Castile? Or are they noticeably that much quieter? Would the high on a MVAE be maybe equal to medium on a Castile?

Just curious if anybody knows...I know it's probably a hard question to answer. Then again, how about a MVAE vs. a Harman Accentra insert (just sound)?:rolleyes:
The Accentra inserts are not all that loud in my experience, quieter than my P61. The new ones have powerful double fans in them too, they can put up a powerful stream of air that pushes way out into the room, probably not requiring it to be run on full speed. We almost bought one of those but opted for the P61 for easier cleaning as we age. But that insert sure is a beauty !

The Accentra inserts are not all that loud in my experience, quieter than my P61. The new ones have powerful double fans in them too, they can put up a powerful stream of air that pushes way out into the room, probably not requiring it to be run on full speed. We almost bought one of those but opted for the P61 for easier cleaning as we age. But that insert sure is a beauty !

I would love to have a Quad Mt. Vernon insert in one room, and a Harman Accentra insert in the next room so I could walk from one to another and listen to them...so if somebody is willing to do that I will stop by.

Would oblige with a free standing AE, but I live a tad too far away. lol Do you have a Quad dealer near that has a display model that is an AE or Harman? kap

I thought I would change the title since Star Wars is out. And throw Harman in the mix.

To answer your question, I've been to a few dealers here and have yet to see either a Mt Vernon or a Accentra (insert or otherwise). They had other models but not those...There are a few more dealers around but we're talking an hour drive for any of them.

Michigan seems desolate compared to VT,NH for pellet heads.

You would think the dealer would call a customer that has one of those to see if they would let you come over and listen to it(to try and make a sale). And there are more pellet heads in Michigan then you think, me thinks. lol kap

Status
Not open for further replies.