source for fire bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

washford

Nov 28, 2006
Hello,
I have a european wood stove with broken fire brick. It is not square or rectange, its sort of d-shaped with notches for the base of the fire box. Can I buy a 20x20 inch square "slab" and cut it my self? I have stone cutting tools. The brick feels like low density material. The stove is a Rais 86.
Thanks
bill

washford said:
Hello,
I have a european wood stove with broken fire brick. It is not square or rectange, its sort of d-shaped with notches for the base of the fire box. Can I buy a 20x20 inch square "slab" and cut it my self? I have stone cutting tools. The brick feels like low density material. The stove is a Rais 86.
Thanks
bill
Have you checked with your dealer? Stay with the kind of brick that is supplied with your stove as there are different kinds of fire brick , some being better than others.

Take a chunk of one down to the local masonry supply yard. They'll probably be able to provide you with what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.