Sourcing a blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CACBNei

Nov 10, 2013
Northern Wisconsin
I need to find a blower for a 1990 Regency RA7. Our local Regency dealer wants $349 for a blower. I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket or generic source for blower units and how to go about finding one that will work for my stove.

Yes, there most likely is. Take the blower off and find the manufacturer tag, Most likely on the motor.
I found the same motor for my PE Summit insert online for about $120.00. vs the PE priced one.

Find the tag, and get the manufacturer name and model number off of it.
Then google it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBart
I've always been lucky on amazon. I put "regency r7 fan" in the search and several aftermarket fans popped up. You have to know what you are looking for. I don't know your stove but this looks like the type regency had used around that time:

http://www.amazon.com/Rotom-HB-RB16...qid=1384315849&sr=8-3&keywords=regency+r7+fan

If you have a fried fan you are trying to replace look for the fan's manufacturer & model number on the actual fan. If you don't have an original fan then check the dimensions and specs against what pops up on Amazon.

The are also places like woodsmanpartsplus. They are usually cheaper than the stove shops.

KaptJaq

Good info. I had a little mishap with with some coals getting sucked into the squirrel cage and melting the plastic cage.
It smelled like the motor burned out but upon inspection it was melted plastic. on one side. I will poke around and try to find a replacement cage but the $113 is better than the stove shops $359 and wait a couple of weeks. Any suggestions will be greatly appricated.

just bought it $123.02 shipped. I will most likely sell the old one on ebay with pics and description of issues.

Save the motor for back up if the motor itself is still good.

probably a better idea to save it. I would get $40 at most, not worth the headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.