Splitter shortage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
But ouch, two grand for a 22 ton splitter! That’s $1100 more than I paid for my new 37 ton unit two years ago.
Yeah, pricey. Not many options for electric that could do vert and horizontal. At that price you could order a SS.

Rugged Split has an actual table for $395, you supply the spool/hoses/cyl/ etc.

Attachments

• lift.png
    lift.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Woodsman69
When I purchased my Yardmax YS3065 earlier this year it still said on the crate the 4 way wedge was enclosed. I of course found out from support that it was discontinued.

Yardmax statement: "We are no longer manufacturing the 4-way wedge. This was a decision that came after a thorough evaluation on the value of including it vs. the cost of manufacturing it."

2.png

My guess is its product liability special. the guard around the end of the cylinder is probably intended to cut down on pinch points.

Rugged Split has an actual table for $395, you supply the spool/hoses/cyl/ etc.

Had a Gorillabac many years now saving my back and working alone. our buddy tried the hydraulic table and ended uup costin him over $800 and hours of messin around finding parts that were no included and weld shop. Then the darn thing wants to tip over once you bust your back getting a big log over to the far side and on the lift table. Gorillabac log lifter needs to be sold more places. just saying i was lucky to find it on the youtube. huskee 25ton

Had a Gorillabac many years now saving my back and working alone. our buddy tried the hydraulic table and ended uup costin him over $800 and hours of messin around finding parts that were no included and weld shop. Then the darn thing wants to tip over once you bust your back getting a big log over to the far side and on the lift table. Gorillabac log lifter needs to be sold more places. just saying i was lucky to find it on the youtube. huskee 25ton
True about tip over without the correct pads/out rigger, mine is offset toward the table. This kit is for the DIYer or someone who is good friends with a welder. Personally I like the lift table and not the lift cable regardless of the difference in cost. But if one adds a table for $1k it might be worth considering a new RM with table then sell the old one. The GB is centrally mounted, but I think it's slow and far more dangerous to have hoisted[/hung from] a cable than resting on a table.