Splitter supplies: where do you shop?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryjen

Burning Hunk
Feb 2, 2014
north carolina
Anyone have some suggestions where you shop for your supplies and parts for homebuilt splitters?
I need some replacement parts.

Depends on the parts needed. Hydraulic lines, I go to my local hydraulic shop, most other items I google and go that route.

Northern tool has pre made hydro line at reasonable prices( Cheaper than my local hydro suppler), as well as valve and pumps and love joy couplers & most of the other little doo dads as well. Cylinders - seem to be about the same price everywhere new, so if available locally saves shipping costs. engines HF predators about the best bang for the buck for new( honda clone) been decent reviews of them.

I'm just needing a new filter and I need to replace one of my lines, so I will check NT. Thanks!

On engines I shop around locally and on the net. Sometimes you can get them about the same price as online. The shipping is expensive. Hydraulic lines and fittings I would go locally. Other parts I use surpluscenter.com. There stuff is reasonably price and shipping is good and fast.

Hydraulic lines sometimes have to be exact length and obviously exact fitting. I personally would rather do that in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.