Splitting 4 2 Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I decided to start out splitting this Sugar Maple & Beech then run back in to pick some leeks, after I pick some leeks I plan on checking a few more areas for downed wood.

Attachments

• 100_7340.JPG
    100_7340.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_7361.JPG
    100_7361.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 126
If you keep checking, you will just find more work.

Any updates on the camp you are going to building?

If you keep checking, you will just find more work.

Any updates on the camp you are going to building?
County tax went up 14.5 percent this year, I'll put up a tent!

Reactions: Thistle
The Sugar Maple and the Beech are split. I used the 20 Ton MTD 5 HP Vertical Splitter, who needs a 37 ton.

Attachments

• 100_7365.JPG
    100_7365.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 137
County tax went up 14.5 percent this year, I'll put up a tent!

Holy berserk!!!!! Sounds like they are attempting to get rid of some folks and buildings!

Holy berserk!!!!! Sounds like they are attempting to get rid of some folks and buildings!
I'll give you a call later on so I can explain what went on, they actually might go back down, but the site for the cabin needs a chit load of work.

Okay zap. I should be home. I do hope they come down for your sake.

Does that include a wood shed ?
The only way it would go up this year is if I sell some wood that's stacked in that area. With all the work cleaning up the woodlot it won't happen this year.

What I should do is burn that wood this winter, that will clear out that area for a build next spring.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.