Splitting and stacking!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
My least favorite thing! first time stacking novice for sure...

Attachments

• spliting.jpg
    spliting.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 536
  • splitting3.jpg
    splitting3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 492
  • splitting2.jpg
    splitting2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 487
Looks good to me, I start this week. Just remember you never have enough wood so keep on stacking.

zap

Looking good.
Green grass, must be nice.
Good days work & you will enjoy it in the winter :)

I will need to mow in a week so the race is on to get that all up and turn around to finnish another job I have been on all winter.

smokinjay said:
I will need to mow in a week so the race is on to get that all up and turn around to finnish another job I have been on all winter.

Smokin what do you do with all the small branches in the third picture.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin what do you do with all the small branches in the third picture.

zap

there is a whole tukip tree and part of a silver maple under that and behind that is about a cord to cord and a half of white oak there not as much brush as it looks but I will burn it up saturday night.

smokinjay said:

Yep:
Spring sneaks up on us & the to do list always has one more thing that needs added.
Good thing some of the "to-do list" has some fun stuff on it.

Bon fire time here soon too. Before the burn ban goes in effect. Some big brush piles
to burn soon as the snow melts out of it. One of the "fun" things. :)

Holy cow Jay, folks don't start mowing grass around here until usually about April 25.

Just keep on stacking; it isn't so bad after a while except for all the danged bending.

Backwoods Savage said:
Holy cow Jay, folks don't start mowing grass around here until usually about April 25.

Just keep on stacking; it isn't so bad after a while except for all the danged bending.

lol Dennis its your fought I am stacking hope it helps to reduce useage this season.....I have been in the lawn tree shrub buzz most all my life, so the grass your seeing was fertilize late dec. aeration double pass spring and fall it eats better than I some times...

Hey Jay, don't put the blame on me for all that stacking! lol I have to stack mine now as I just finished the splitting this morning.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Jay, don't put the blame on me for all that stacking! lol I have to stack mine now as I just finished the splitting this morning.

lol said I would never stack sure hope it pays off, and my neighbor likes the looks of stack much better so if I use less than 10 cords this year it will be worth it.

Nice looking stacks. definatley better looking than the pile.

MMaul said:
Nice looking stacks. definatley better looking than the pile.

I really didnt think about that til the neighbor said how nice it look.lol will be stuck stacking forever!

Hmmm . . . splitting and stacking are my favorite jobs . . . well maybe next to loading the stove, sitting back and watching the fireworks. I find the repetition to be a good stress reliever and enjoy finding the right spot for each split -- a task made even more important I find when building a holtz miete where it seems it is more crucial to have the right piece in the right place.

firefighterjake said:
Hmmm . . . splitting and stacking are my favorite jobs . . . well maybe next to loading the stove, sitting back and watching the fireworks. I find the repetition to be a good stress reliever and enjoy finding the right spot for each split -- a task made even more important I find when building a holtz miete where it seems it is more crucial to have the right piece in the right place.

holy crap you need to be my neighbor I would kill it and drag it home and you handle the rest.....It would be perfect! lol

looks good. I will be mowing next week also.

smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:

holy crap you need to be my neighbor I would kill it and drag it home and you handle the rest.....It would be perfect! lol

Sure . . . you just have to move to Maine though. ;)

firefighterjake said:
smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:

I think you will love the mid-west. All you have to do is pronounce your R's correctly, lol just kidding

smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:
smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:

I think you will love the mid-west. All you have to do is pronounce your R's correctly, lol just kidding

:) :) :)

And learn to pronounce the "g" with words ending in "ing" right? ;)

firefighterjake said:
smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:
smokinjay said:
firefighterjake said:

:) :) :)

And learn to pronounce the "g" with words ending in "ing" right? ;)

your in you'll love it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.