BHall Posted By BHall, Dec 1, 2014 at 8:29 PM

1. BHall

BHall
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2014
    Loc:
    Middle TN
    Which would you recommend the Stihl or Husqvarna?
    I bought and tried the Fiskars X27. Split wood good but the composite handle was not comfortable at all; therefore, looking for an axe with wood handle. Would prefer to not buy the most expense either (Gransfors Bruk, Wetterling)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. drz1050

drz1050
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ballston Lake, NY
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wildo

Wildo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 14, 2011
    Loc:
    jackmanistan, maine
  4. JRJ

JRJ
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2012
    Loc:
    Southern Iowa
  5. Wildo

Wildo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 14, 2011
    Loc:
    jackmanistan, maine
    Every tool has its job in the line up ;)

6. jotul8e2

jotul8e2
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Ozarks
    You learn something all the time here - this is the first I have heard of the Husqvarna maul.

I have been thrilled with my Stihl, but a big part of it is that the weight is exactly right for me. Both the Stihl and the Husqvarna are about 6 1/2 lbs., so I would be hard pressed to make a choice between them. It would come down to how each feels in my hand.

The Council Tool products look good to me also.