Spring Wildlife Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Well, I was gonna add these to the "winter wildlife" thread - but Spring is definitely here!

From the backyard this morning....

Attachments

• DSC00179.jpg
    DSC00179.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 729
  • DSC00185.jpg
    DSC00185.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC00186.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 679
There's probably mice in that compost pile. When I turn my pile, my dog is right there waiting to snatch up a tasty morsel. Unfortunately, she keeps the foxes away.

Webmaster said:
Ah, Keith....i checked the GPS info on those lakes and will be sending the crowds there soon......
;-P
With openers this weekend it'll be a zoo out there for sure.

I'll be heading for other smaller back woods waters to hide out from the masses.
openwater09016.jpg

openwater09022.jpg

DSC02562.jpg

Mule deer routinely wander through/around our property. This guy stopped by outside the shop the other morning to say hi. Rick

Attachments

• visitor.jpg
    visitor.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 624
We wasted 90 minutes this morning watching these foxes play!

There are FIVE little ones, and mom.......
if you want to see some cute pics, check out the gallery online:
http://picasaweb.google.com/cissod/FoxPics#

Attachments

• fox255.JPG
    fox255.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 551
  • fox275.JPG
    fox275.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 585
Webmaster said:
We wasted 90 minutes this morning watching these foxes play!...

Not sure I'd call that wasted time. Rick

CrappieKeith said:
fossil said:
Webmaster said:
We wasted 90 minutes this morning watching these foxes play!...

Not sure I'd call that wasted time. Rick
I'd call that serinity time and that's priceless!

Agreed 100% Id rather see wild animals on the way to work in the morning than brake lights!

Nothing like the real thing. Nice photos everyone.

3507554676_d1d1a463a6.jpg

Yes thankfully spring is here.

We've been feeding ducks & geese for years. What you see here is a daily confrontation where the male goose keeps the ducks away from the food. After about 5 minutes they reach an accommodation, but the goose remains the corn sheriff. And the ducks yield when the female goose wants some corn.

A pic from the front yard of the cabin (Mississippi river back channel):

Edit: this area is commonly filled with all sorts of water foul, just not in this pic. Ducks of all flavors, geese, herons and Bald Eagles to name a few.

Attachments

• 100_1076sm.jpg
    100_1076sm.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 479
Jags said:

Edit: this area is commonly filled with all sorts of water foul, just not in this pic. Ducks of all flavors, geese, herons and Bald Eagles to name a few.

I live on thre Miss 1 county for the headwaters

CrappieKeith said:
Jags said:

I live on thre Miss 1 county for the headwaters

You know what I'm Say'in. ;-)

^It's amazing that those fox's are so down with living next to people. Around here fox's are very low profile.

they are here also - I have seen one for about 10 seconds in the last 4 years...until these!
Mom just decided to live under the shed for awhile and it happens we have no loose dogs on the street. So I think this is just dumb luck.......probably the only pics and video like that I will ever get!

Spotted a moose crossing the on-ramp on the Interstate this morning in Newburgh (that would be Ricky Craven Country for Nascar fans) . . . appeared as though he had crossed the Interstate just a few minutes before. No time to take a pic . . .

Webmaster said:
Foxes on Parade Video:

And here I thought you didn't like Fox News!

The bigger Fox looks like it has Mange. If it does it needs to be "removed" before it spreads the mange to other Fox.

Awesome video Craig! Everytime I get a chance to take a pic of what limited wildlife we have here, by the time I get the camera its gone.....you ust have some good video Karma!

Status
Not open for further replies.