Spring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been sitting on my patio and the sun is very strong....
My freakin freckles on my face are exploding and it is only March....WTF?
I will be one big "freckle" come June at this pace..o_O

Mid 70's days here, mid 50's nights. Haven't had a fire in at least a week. BB can't live more than 100 miles from me, not sure why it always seems like alaska weather up there from his posts...

Mid 70's days here, mid 50's nights. Haven't had a fire in at least a week. BB can't live more than 100 miles from me, not sure why it always seems like alaska weather up there from his posts...

You must have been missing my posts lately about being in the eighties. Windows open the last two nights. Our only temp problem is the downstairs not getting any solar gain during the day. It can be 80 upstairs and in the sixties downstairs. Part of it has to do with it just being the two of us in a large house and not have a lot of cooking, TVs etc. putting heat into the house.

80s here for the next week, redbud popping, tulips up, ticks out (luckily no deer ticks yet.) Looks like it's about over. Now I'll have to move all this wood off the porch...

58 here on Monday,80 -82 since Wednesday,set 3 new records.Horseradish,tulips,chives,few other things have popped up.Yesterday moved 3 wheelbarrows of wood out of the garage,back on one of the stacks.Had a small fire Sunday morning for a couple hours to take the chill off,may have one more when it cools off middle of next week.Think its done,but wouldnt be surprised to see 1 more bit of snow/cold before 2nd week of April.Last March 25th we had 6 inches of wet snow then another 3 inches 2 weeks after that.3 weeks after I planted onions,lettuce,spinach & few carrots/radishes.

Starting to see spring up here at well. Was in the low 30s today, sun blazing though so felt much warmer. Snow is starting to melt. Still heating with the stove, just small fires, often one a day is enough.

Usually watching the snow melt and seeing the signs of spring show up are a great welcome after months of snow cover. But having a pretty much snowless winter makes the spring not as enjoyable. Especially when they are predicting near 80* next week. It is just plain strange. Things will green up quickly here soon.

The country is stuck in a bi-polar weather pattern. The left coast is in winter and the right in summer. And there's going to be some nasty weather where they meet.

currenttemps.US.jpeg

Peepers out last two nights....slept with the windows open....
Good times....
Miss my fire though.

Temps in The County yesterday were 66 degrees or so . . . snow was melting fast. Temp back home was around 77 degrees . . . wowzers . . . I still lit a fire in the evening though to take off the chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.