Squeaking Auger Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vouty

Apr 1, 2014
Massachusetts
My auger motor has been squeaking for a while now. I am hoping to get through the season.
Will I need to place it or it there something else I should do. My stove is a Vista Flame VF-100 from 2008. It is the original auger and motor.

Also, the convection blower motor is the original. Should I replace it? There don't seem to be issues with it yet..... Just based on the age, I am think I should proform some maintenance.

Are you sure it's the motor? Perhaps it's the auger itself rubbing. As for the convection motor - you could buy a replacement, and keep it for when the original motor quits. Or, for peace of mind, install the new motor and keep the old one for emergency use.

Yes, pretty sure the noise is coming from the area of the motor. It seems louder on some days and some days it does not make a noise at all.

Pull your auger motor and gearbox. Run it while its not attached to the stove. Im thinking its a lower auger bushing making the noise.

dont know if it will help but have you opened the door to clean the fines and it might just be pellets crushing in the screw jamming there mine it was that